Eve's pudding. Eve's Pudding – Great pudding recipe to make to use up glut of apples in an easy and tasty way – just slice apples and put sponge mix on top. Eve's pudding is a type of traditional British pudding now made from apples and Victoria sponge cake mixture. The apples are allowed to stew at the bottom of the baking dish while the cake mixture cooks on top.
Peel, core and slice the apples. Apple Sponge Eve's Pudding is a delicious Traditional British Apple Sponge Dessert. Traditional British pudding now made from apples and Victoria sponge cake mixture. You can cook Eve's pudding using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eve's pudding
- You need of Apple pudding.
- You need 400 grams of cooking apples.
- You need 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 75 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of topping.
- Prepare 100 grams of butter.
- You need 100 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 100 grams of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon zest.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
Eve's Pudding is a dessert inspired, as mentioned, by the British culinary tradition, generally made during the autumn season. Try our delicious Eve's pudding recipe. Top tip for making Eve's pudding. For a more laid-back dinner party, you can make this pudding in one big pot and let everyone dig in.
Eve's pudding step by step
- Peel apples, remove cores. Cut slices and place in buttered form. Use clay form if possible..
- Add lemon juice and sugar, stir manually and form a uniform flat layer..
- Add jam or berries to taste..
- In a mixer mix butter and sugar until foamy.
- Slowly add eggs while mixing.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Add the rest, concluding with the milk..
- Pour batter over the apples.
- Bake in preheated oven 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Serve fresh and hot, with a spoon of ice-cream or mascarpone.
Remove the puddings from the oven and sprinkle over a little. Eve's Pudding is a delicious recipe that you would love to prepare on a get together. Try this Eve's Pudding I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! Eve's Pudding, also known as "Mother Eve's pudding" is a tradition British pudding. Named after the biblical Eve it uses apples, the forbidden fruit, as the base.