Banana Pudding Ice cream.
You can cook Banana Pudding Ice cream using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding Ice cream
- It’s 2 of very ripe bananas.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of vanilla wafers.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Whole Milk.
- It’s 2 of egg yolks.
Banana Pudding Ice cream step by step
- Combine the cream, milk, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat until the mixture is hot and the sugar dissolves, 4 minutes..
- Temper the eggs by slowly pouring ½ cup (118ml) of the warmed cream mixture into the yolks, whisking constantly until combined..
- Return the warmed yolks to the pan with the remaining cream mixture. Heat the custard over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon..
- Remove from the heat and pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl..
- Cut the bananas into chunks and purée in a blender with the nutmeg and lemon juice until smooth. Add the hot milk mixture and blend to combine..
- Pour the custard into a medium bowl. Add the vanilla and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight..
- Once chilled, pour the ice cream base into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When churning is complete, gently fold in the vanilla wafers. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours..