Semolina Pudding (Indian Halwa). Halwa (Indian Semolina Pudding) is a sweet dessert often made for auspicious occasions in India and in Pakistan it is served with a famous weekend It is also called rava kesari or rava sheera in some areas of India. Topped with dry fruit, this is an easy, comforting and delicious dessert from the. Semolina pudding is one of my favorite Indian desserts!
Addition of cardamom powder, nuts and saffron is optional, but. Halwas are easy and delicious Indian desserts that have a pudding-like texture. They can be made with all kinds of ingredients (even ones This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that. You can have Semolina Pudding (Indian Halwa) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Semolina Pudding (Indian Halwa)
- You need 1/2 kg of Semolina.
- Prepare 1/2 liter of milk.
- It’s 3/4 kg of sugar.
- You need of raisins.
- You need of Coconut slices.
- Prepare 1 of Cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 liter of vegetable oil.
- You need of peeled almond slices.
Semolina pudding or semolina porridge is a porridge-type pudding made from semolina, which is cooked with milk, or a mixture of milk and water. It is often served with sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, raisins, fruit, or syrup. Halwa can be made using semolina, whole wheat flour, lentils, carrots etc. Out of these the one made with semolina (sooji) is the most This halwa is basically sooji halwa in which pineapple has been added to give it a tasty twist.
Semolina Pudding (Indian Halwa) instructions
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add semolina and milk to it. Cover and set aside for half hour.
- In a large wok, add oil and bring it to heat. Take a cardamom, open it and add its seeds to the heating oil.
- Add sugar to the oil. Then add half a cup of water. Stir the oil continuously till the sugar gets dissolved and cooked in the oil. Keep the flame till a clear oil+water+sugar solution is observed..
- Now add the semolina+milk mixture to the oil. Stirr continuously. Keep the flame medium..
- Keep stirring and mixing till the mixture leaves oil. Also add your raisins and almond. remember – the key here is good mixing!!.
- When the pudding leaves oil, turn off the stove and dish it out. Add the garnish (coconut slices) and serve hot.
Sooji (Suji) Halwa is popular Indian sweets/desserts made with semolina, sugar and dry fruits. With Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights, right around the corner, Suvir Saran of Tapestry in NYC shares his recipe for halwa, a traditional Indian semolina pudding. The Best Indian Semolina Dessert Recipes on Yummly Indian Semolina Pudding Sooji Kheer, Suji Ka Halwa – Sooji Ka Halwa Recipe (indian Semolina Pudding) Sheera Recipe (Indian Semolina Pudding)Indian AMbrosia. semolina, chopped almonds, ghee, cardamom powder, water, white sugar. Often made during the festive season in India, this is an absolute.