Momma's Rice Pudding.
You can have Momma's Rice Pudding using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Momma's Rice Pudding
- You need 2 cup of left over cooked rice.
- You need 1 of butter or marg.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of or to taste, granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of raisins.
Momma's Rice Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Butter bottom and sides of 8×8 glass baking dish well..
- In separate bowl put rice and raisins and mix well. Add in spices and mix well again..
- Put rice mix in baking dish. Dont press down too hard..
- Beat eggs well then add sugar and beat again to incorporate, then add milk and beat again to mixe thoroughly. Gently pour over rice mix in baking dish..
- Add a couple of small dabs of butter on the top of rice mix. Put lid on baking dish and place in oven to bake for about an hour..
- Take lid off of dish and continue to bake til top gets deep golden and slightly crispy. About 15-20 minutes more..
- Cool slightly and serve plain, with whipped cream, ice cream, or carmel sauce!! Wonderful!!!.
- This is more like a custard sauce, but if you want it creamier, take out one or two eggs..