Posh bread and butter pudding. It's a simple recipe for children to make, it's a great pudding for everyone I like a dollop of good vanilla ice cream with mine, I love the warm/cold mix. I even once experimented and flambéed a posh version with brandy — not. Now the weather is turning cold, our thoughts turn to the most comforting of comfort foods.
Slice, layer in a baking pan and bath in a cream and egg mixture. It's already sweet so you just need to add. It also happens to be a hot favourite at Mumbai's Irani restaurants. You can cook Posh bread and butter pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Posh bread and butter pudding
- Prepare 400 grams of plain brioche or croissant.
- It’s 150 ml of milk.
- You need 100 ml of double cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of almond extract.
- You need 3 tbsp of crushed almonds.
- You need 50 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 50 grams of flaked almonds.
- It’s 3 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of chocolate sauce.
- Prepare 300 ml of double cream.
- Prepare 200 grams of white chocolate.
Slowly pour the custard over the bread pudding, being careful to soak all the bread. Scatter the surface with the remaining sugar and grate over a little nutmeg. Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl; mix in granulated sugar, vanilla and salt. You can top the pudding with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce, if you prefer.
Posh bread and butter pudding instructions
- Rip up and squash the brioche, into a caserole dish..
- Put the milk, 100ml double cream, 2 tablespoons almond extract and 3 tablespoons of crushed almonds into a jug. Then set aside for later..
- Now make the chocolate sauce. Put 300ml of cream and 200g white chocolate. Cook on a medium heat and stir until the chocolate has melted. Then the sauce is done, and you can take off the heat..
- Add half of the chocolate sauce and the sugar to the cream mixture stir it together. Then pour all over the brioche. Make sure all the brioche is quite soggy and mix together if necessary..
- Preheat the oven to 200 Sprinkle on the flaked almonds, and a couple tablespoons of sugar..
- Put in the oven for about 20/ 30 minutes until brown. Warm up the rest of the white chocolate sauce. Pour over the pudding when it's cooked..
Slice them in cubes, squares, triangles or rectangles. i chopped into small. My mum made this exact recipe for us growing up. Like a lot of traditional dishes this recipe came about as a way to use up leftover, day-old bread. Growing up in Ireland I'm used to eating hearty, comforting desserts. As with many traditional English recipes, there are almost as many variations as there are cooks.