Mom's Bread Pudding. Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. If you are thinking of creative ways to prepare bread pudding, never fear, Moms Who Think provides recipes your family. Bread pudding is done when a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Mom would try to be nice and make him some bread pudding for when he got off work. I don't know how many times she made it and told him she did on the phone and by morning it would be gone. Mom's bread pudding had a custard matrix along with the custard saturated bread chunks. You can cook Mom's Bread Pudding using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's Bread Pudding
- Prepare 4 cup of bread cubes.
- You need 3 of eggs (separated).
- You need 2 1/2 cup of milk (warmed).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of pear.
- You need 1 of apple.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried blueberries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
I have not bee able to find her recipe. Bread – can use french bread or a loaf of bread with thick slices (like the brand you see shown Can you use challah bread. This eggnog bread pudding recipe is a completely decadent way to enjoy the flavors of the season. Be sure to pair it with my homemade vanilla sauce!
Mom's Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cut bread (I used 2 day old French & Ciabatta) into 1"cubes..
- Cut pears & apples into very small cubes, or thin slices and add to bread. Sprinkle with blueberries, raisins and nuts..
- Whip egg whites until foamy. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and lightly whip into egg whites..
- Warm milk (do not scald) and add brown sugar and vanilla. Gently stir in the egg yolks..
- Immediately pour over bread mixture and mix until bread is well saturated. Let sit for 20 minutes..
- Add egg whites and gently fold into bread mix until well coated..
- Lightly coat a 9×11 baking pan with cooking spray and add bread mixture..
- Place in preheated oven and bake u covered for 1 hour. Check for doneness; a knife or toothpick should come out clean from the center..
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with vanilla ice cream, fresh cream, or butter and maple syrup..
I think Mom used to bake at least four of these tender loaves at once, and I have fond memories of my grandmother's Yorkshire pudding wrapped around sausages, a puffy dish. I've become obsessed with bread pudding lately — especially bread pudding cooked overnight in a Crock-Pot and ready for you first thing in the m. Serving up real food for real families! Decadence meets comfort in this easy Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce recipe! Top bread pudding with pistachios just before serving.