Easy southern bread pudding. Cut the slices of bread into cubes (set aside. I used to teach in a cooking school, and this was one of the most popular recipes. I prefer bread pudding to be a little thicker, so next time I might.
Recipe was self explanatory, easy to follow. I had no cream mixture left, the. Place stale bread in a bowl with milk and squeeze the bread with your hand until well saturated with milk. You can have Easy southern bread pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy southern bread pudding
- It’s 5 cup of Stale bread cubed.
- It’s 2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
With an electric mixer on high speed in a separate bowl, beat eggs with Stir in bourbon by hand. Serve the pudding warm with vanilla ice cream if desired. Add fruit or nuts, and make it sweet or savory. What's not to love about bread pudding?
Easy southern bread pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour milk over bread cubes and allow the bread to absorb the milk.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended and smooth. Add cinnamon and vanilla to mixture and stir. Stir in raisins (egg mixture will be thick).
- Using the back of a spoon, mash the bread cubes until the mixture is crumbly. Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture and stir well.
- Coat a 9 x 13 cake pan with butter, then add batter to pan and bake on 350 for 1hr or until golden brown. (cooking times will vary by oven).
I used Granny's cold bread pudding recipe she used for her biscuits and it turned out wonderful! We all gathered around the table when we went to her house. I have made it so easy for you to learn how to cook like my granny and mama did with cooking tutorials for each and every recipe in our cookbooks. Easy Bread Pudding Recipe – Food and Entertaining – Capper. This Easy Southern Bread pudding is simple to make and sometimes doubles as breakfast at my house.