Tex's Ez British Bread & Butter Pudding 🍞🍮🇬🇧.
You can cook Tex's Ez British Bread & Butter Pudding 🍞🍮🇬🇧 using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tex's Ez British Bread & Butter Pudding 🍞🍮🇬🇧
- Prepare As needed of thin or medium sliced white bread.
- Prepare As needed of butter.
- You need As needed of milk.
- It’s 1 of large tin of custard (Crème Anglaise).
- It’s As needed of raisins and/or sultanas.
- You need As needed of demerara sugar.
- It’s To taste of cinnamon (optional).
Tex's Ez British Bread & Butter Pudding 🍞🍮🇬🇧 instructions
- Butter your bread and remove the crusts if you like..
- Slice bread diagonally if it will help your layering in the pie dish.
- Begin stacking in an oven proof dish, buttered side up. Cut some pieces to get a good fit if necessary A square or rectangular dish is easier to stack in.
- When you have one layer in place, scatter on a small helping of the dried fruit.
- Repeat until your dish is full.
- Simmer your custard for 4-5 minutes, stirring in a little milk until the custard thins to a consistency that will soak easily in to the bread….
- …pour in enough custard so that it pools a little. Allow to sink in and soak the bread for about 30 minutes..
- Check occasionally to see if the dish needs topping up with custard as it soaks in to the bread.
- Remove any excess custard from the top with a spoon, or top up with extra if necessary. Allow to sit again, preferably for at least another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/175°C (375°F).
- Scatter with demerara sugar, some cinnamon if using, and even some citrus peel if you fancy a little extra tang, then pop in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until it turns golden brown with a nice crust, and the filling has puffed up a little.
- Serve hot, with jam and any left over custard….
- By the way, don't forget to put your butter away… 😸.