Easy Kabocha Pudding in a Frying Pan.
You can have Easy Kabocha Pudding in a Frying Pan using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Kabocha Pudding in a Frying Pan
- You need 1/2 of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 400 ml of Milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s of Caramel sauce:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Boiling water.
Easy Kabocha Pudding in a Frying Pan step by step
- Make the caramel sauce. In a non-stick frying pan, simmer the sugar and water over medium heat. (During this time you absolutely must not mix!).
- When it has turned golden brown and the bubbles are small, turn off the heat and add the hot water. (It will shoot out, so be careful! Be quick!) Pour it into the bottom of the mold..
- Soften the kabocha in the microwave. Use a food processor or mixer until smooth. If you don't have one, puree the kabocha using another method..
- Make the pudding mixture. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk together. (Not until there are peaks, but just until everything is mixed)..
- Heat milk and sugar over medium heat in the frying pan you used to make the caramel sauce. Don't let it boil. When the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat..
- Pour the mixture from Step 5 into the bowl from Step 4, and mix it in quickly with a whisk. Preheat the oven to 160°C..
- Add the kabocha from Step 3 into the mixture from Step 6 and mix. Bubbles will make for an uneven texture, so be gentle here..
- Pour the mixture from Step 7 into the mold with the caramel in them. Put the mold on a baking pan filled with hot water. Steam bake in the oven preheated to 160°C for 50 minutes..
- When a toothpick or skewer put into the center comes out clean, it's done! You can eat while it's still hot or after chilling in the refrigerator..
- This time, the amount of kabocha after taking off the skin was 386 g. If you're not too worried about producing an ultra-smooth texture, you can also just mash the kabocha with the skin as well..