Easy and Smooth Sweet Potato Pudding.
You can cook Easy and Smooth Sweet Potato Pudding using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy and Smooth Sweet Potato Pudding
- Prepare 1 medium of Sweet potato (peeled).
- It’s 70 of to 80 grams Light brown sugar (caster sugar).
- It’s 500 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 100 ml of Heavy cream (or whipped cream).
- You need 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 60 grams of ◆Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of to start + 1 tablespoon later ◆Water.
Easy and Smooth Sweet Potato Pudding instructions
- Heat the ◆ granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a pot. Shake to caramelize, and turn the heat off when golden brown. Now add the other 1 tablespoon of water..
- Grease the pan or tin with melted butter (unlisted) and pour in the caramel. I used two small cake pans..
- Peel the sweet potatoes and soak in water to remove any scum. Then add them to a pot of water and boil. Cook until a chopstick goes through a piece easily (reduce any excessive water). If you'd like, you could microwave the potatoes instead..
- Add light brown sugar into the milk. Heat to dissolve the sugar, but take care not to boil..
- Put the sweet potatoes into a food processor or a blender. Add milk in batches and blend until smooth..
- Combine the smooth sweet potato, eggs, and the rest of the milk. Mix well..
- Also add heavy cream and the vanilla extract. Add some rum if you'd like..
- Pass through a strainer. This makes it really smooth Preheat oven to 160℃. Boil some water to use as a hot bath later..
- Pour carefully into the pan. You could also use ramekins or cups..
- Cover with aluminum foil to prevent the pudding getting hard and losing its creamy texture..
- Fill a flat container or a cooking sheet with hot water. Steam-bake in 160℃ oven. The water should ideally be as high as the pudding mixture..
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes when using ramekins, and 50 to 60 minutes when using cake pans..
- It should jiggle a bit when shaken. Chill to harden completely..
- If you whip up half of the remaining heavy cream, it goes really well with the pudding..
- Caramel tablets really come in handy when using small containers. Easy and Homemade! For pudding Caramel tablets. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144907-easy-homemade-caramel-tablets-for-custard-pudding.