Custard Rice Pudding. This is absolutely the BEST rice pudding I've ever found. VERY custardy and creamy at the same time. A warm and delicious Baked Rice Pudding recipe make with cooked rice, cinnamon, and raisins.
This moist custard-like rice pudding is flavored with grated lemon zest, vanilla, and a bit of nutmeg. Japanese custard pudding is very smooth. So when mixing eggs, sugar and milk Hi Nikolina, I have not made with any nuts milk or rice milk but I think that it will work to replace regular milk with other milk. You can cook Custard Rice Pudding using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Custard Rice Pudding
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanillia.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 4 cups of cooked minute rice (2 cups dry).
- It’s 2 cups of water (for rice).
- It’s 1 cup of raisins.
Get easy recipes for creamy chocolate pudding, flan, mousse, and banana and rice puddings. Even beginner cooks can master these easy-to-make recipes. How to make custard pudding recipe? Pour into shallow baking dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Custard Rice Pudding step by step
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place a 9×13 pan that is half full of water under the rack you will cook the rice. Let the pan heat with the oven..
- Follow the minute rice directions and prepare rice in the microwave..
- In a dish, add eggs, sugar and salt. Beat slightly to mix..
- Stir in milk, and add vanillia..
- Pour the mixture into a 3 qt baking dish, and add the cooked rice and 1 cup of raisins and stir gently..
- Gently sprinkle nutmeg on top to taste..
- Place in the oven over the pan of water. Cook at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. When finished it should look gelatinous..
We have had lots of different recipes for rice pudding, but this one is outstanding and I have requests on making it more often. I don't remember where or how I found this dessert. When I took it to a family reunion many years ago Old-Fashioned Rice Custard Recipe photo by Taste of Home. How to Make Rice Custard Pudding. Cook according to package directions, making sure all water is absorbed and the rice is tender.