Made with Strained Yogurt: Simple and Rich Chocolate Mousse.
You can cook Made with Strained Yogurt: Simple and Rich Chocolate Mousse using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Made with Strained Yogurt: Simple and Rich Chocolate Mousse
- Prepare 60 grams of Bitter chocolate.
- You need 60 grams of Strained yogurt (unsweetened).
- You need 1 of Egg.
Made with Strained Yogurt: Simple and Rich Chocolate Mousse instructions
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white. Use a hand mixer to briskly whip the egg white until it forms stiff peaks, and leave the egg yolk as-is (it will stick to the bowl if you beat it)..
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a double boiler. Add the strained yogurt and stir well with a whisk, then add egg yolk and combine..
- Use a whisk in Step 2 instead of a hand mixer, so that the chocolate doesn't fly about. I know this from experience..
- Add the beaten egg white, and mix with a rubber spatula while scraping the chocolate around the edges. Gently mix so that the specks disappear, but the bubbles do not..
- Divide the mousse into 2 ramekins, chill in the fridge for 2 hours to solidify, and serve ☆. Don't worry, it won't taste sour at all..
- Tip: If you are using induction cooktop, you can place the bowl directly on the burner and simply melt the chocolate over low heat. I always do this to save time..
- Tip: When straining the yogurt, place it into a coffee filter and let it sit overnight. Or, do it in your preferred manner..
- Tip: If the chocolate hardens in Step 2, immerse it in a hot water bath or put it on top of an induction stove to make it soft and easy to mix..