Pecan Pie Bread Pudding.
You can cook Pecan Pie Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- Prepare 1 loaf of bread of your choice. I like Challah or Brioche.
- It’s 4 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of milk or cream.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp. of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 stick of softened butter.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding instructions
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes. Place in large bowl. Set aside..
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon..
- Pour milk mixture over bread and mix to coat bread..
- Set aside so the bread can absorb the liquid about 15 minutes..
- Mix the brown sugar, softened butter and pecans until it resembles wet sand..
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter or non stick spray..
- Pour half of the mixture into pan. Sprinkle half the brown sugar mixture evenly over..
- Repeat another layer of bread mixture then brown sugar mix on top..
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Middle will have slight jiggle but will firm up as it cools..
- Serve warm or cold..
- * Note ***.
- Can use smaller pan for thicker results. Just cook longer if using 8×8 or 9×9 pan..